Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Trip to Cambridge

No rain today….AND…..warm temperatures.  It was warm enough to go out in shirt sleeves.  Now that I don’t mind.   Even the squirrels were out enjoying the weather.

DSCN2912

DSCN2913

After lunch we rode into Cambridge to Wal-Mart to pick up my prescriptions then stopped off to walk the downtown historic district.  One of the interesting buildings was the courthouse.  On the grounds of the courthouse are several monuments honoring service men and women for their service to our Country.

DSCN2921

The Guernsey County Courthouse in Cambridge.

DSCN2915

Monument in front of the courthouse.

DSCN2916

DSCN2917

DSCN2919

DSCN2918

On the way back to the park John took a different route hoping to see some kind of wildlife.  We saw a lot of cabins and country homes but no wildlife to photograph.

John baked a batch of his Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip cookies.  They are very good.

DSCN2928

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. Cookies look good!

    I started a new no snack diet, but the week before I made myself a batch of my favorite cookies as a send off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless there is a mirror behind cookie sheet number one, thats too many cookies for two people. LOL ;)

    Those look really yummy John!

    Be well,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to bake...maybe you and John could move in with us..I'll let John do the baking.

    ReplyDelete