Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day and MacKay Island National Wildlife Refuge.

Mother's Day turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.  John made me some pancakes for breakfast. They were yummy.

There were lots of them so we froze the left overs for later.

Happy Mother's Day wishes to my mom, Mom Hatch and our daughter-in-law Kelsey. 


We spent the afternoon visiting MacKay Island Wildlife Refuge.  There were lots of turtles out sunning.




a snake...


and an osprey enjoying some fish.



Yesterday John and I met my friend and former co-worker Mike Knight and his wife Pam for lunch at a place called Lynnhaven Fish House.   This is a very nice restaurant.  Great service, good food and excellent scenery.

Mike and I worked together at TSC, Inc. a few years ago.  After he retired he moved to the Eastern Shore in Virginia and loves it there.   So good to see him and Pam again.

John had crab cakes, a baked sweet potatoe and cole slaw.

I had the grilled chicken club sandwich. 

Pam had the "Seafood Tower".  It was so pretty I had to take a picture of it. 

Today was a travel day for us.  Our destination, Gettysburg RV Resort in Gettysburg, PA.  The trip was uneventful....well...just a little rain.  We arrived in Gettysurg and were all set up before 3:00 p.m. This is our third time staying here and as usual it is raining. LOL 

Our site.

The dog run and pasture next to our site. 

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I envy you Gettysburg...As for the reptiles..I got kind of used to them in Florida..I went from afraid to amazed with those alligators and crocs...even the snakes...Mother Nature is truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete