Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend at Oak Mountain

First off, I don't know what happen to or how to fix the font on this post, sorry.

Friday, Nov 7


Bridget dropped the dogs off at the kennel and picked her parents up on the way back home. When I got home I filled the trailer tires to 110 psi, trailair suspension at 80 psi and the trailair hitch at 80 psi. I set all of these before every trip. I have been thinking of upgrading to the 17.5" tires Howard has been taking about. We were on the road for Oak Mountain State Park by 9am. Just about all of the morning traffic was gone. An uneventful drive over, due to me working a double shift at the mall I was unable to pull the trailer out and start the refrigerator so we stopped at a Cracker Barrel. We checked into a level site #31 loop B at OMSP. Full hook up but a 30 amp site. This area is beautiful with the leaves changing. After setting up we headed into town to pick up the tickets and groceries. We grilled hamburgers for supper and watched TV.


Saturday, Nov 8

Bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast. Watched football and went to the Galleria Mall and walked around. Lunch was sandwiches back at the campground, more football and naps. Supper was at Stardome Comedy Club, we all had ribeyes, BP and salad. It was a good show and we all had fun.


Sunday, Nov 9

After breakfast of pancakes and bacon we loaded up to head back home. We were on the road by 10:30am. When I was just about to slow down for a rest stop the left rear trailer tire blew out, it was loud enough to hear in the cab of the truck with radio on and windows up. Took about 30 minutes to change the tire and we were back on the road traveling at 60mph, I usually drive 65-70 depending on if we are in a hurry to get somewhere, no more hurring for us. I will check on the 17.5" tires before our next trip. Back home and in my recliner.

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment