Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trip to Fargo.

Today and tomorrow are our days off.  We decided to drive over to Fargo for a Wal-mart run and to check out Kohl’s.  I haven’t been in a Kohl’s in a few months so I was happy that Fargo had one.  So, of course, Kohl’s was our first stop.  I didn’t find any shoes there but I did find a shirt and a pair of shorts I just couldn’t leave in the store. LOL 
After leaving Kohl’s we stopped at the Shoe Carnival in the next shopping center over…..still looking for shoes.  I was in bad need of some new sandals as my old ones were ready for the garbage can.  They were just so comfortable I didn’t want to throw them away.  John also needed a new pair of flip flops.  His best pair had a “blowout” in Montana. LOL   Lucky for us Shoe Carnival was having their buy one get one 1/2 price sale.  
DSCN6767
My old Axxiom sandals.   The bottom and straps still look good.  The foot beds worn out.  After wearing them for 3 years I think I got my money’s worth.  I think I will keep them to wear when I have dirty work to do.
DSCN6770
My new Axxiom sandals.  Black was all they had so I grabbed them.  These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet. 
DSCN6771
John’s new  Crocs.  I think he wore the treads off the old black ones before the strap broke.  These will probably last him a good while.
Our last stop was Wal-mart.  There were lots of people in there buying school supplies.  I think the kids start school this week.  So glad we don’t have to buy that stuff anymore.   This Wal-mart even had TAB.  Anyone who knows me knows I love my TAB.  I usually drink only one a day but I have not had a TAB since Utah.  Diet 7-UP just gets boring. LOL 
So after spending most of our day in Fargo and spending a few dollars we drove the 83 miles back to the campground.
New shoes and two fridge packs of TAB and I am a happy camper.  It doesn’t take much to make me happy. LOL
Tomorrow will be our other day off.  I know John has a few things he wants to work on and I will be making a gallon of homemade spaghetti and meat sauce.
Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment