Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Tomorrow we honor those who served in our military forces.  Freedom is not free. Without their sacrifices we would not enjoy the freedoms we have today.  Thank you to those who have served and those who still serve today.

Today I worked the morining shift at the Wildlife Center.  During my shift I had 52 visitors, mostly families.  I finally remembered to snap a few pictures. 

 The sign at the entrance of the center. 
The welcome counter. 
Another view of the counter. 
Gift shop. 
Windows facing the refuge with scopes set up for viewing the eagle's nest.
Another view of the front of the center.  The chalk board is used for people to post sightings.  This morning a little girl drew a snake on it.  If you look close you can see her drawing. 
The exhibit room. 
The entrance to the exhibit room. 

Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day.  

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a gorgeous VC! This NWR will go on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour. We are inside with the rain here we are not going out. Maybe it will clear up someday and I will be able to go to the lake and fish some.

    ReplyDelete