Monday, December 8, 2008

The Van, Yeah...Not

For breakfast Bridget made me a ham and cheese omelet, it was tasty along with the orange juice. We were busy today at the mall with cleanup and hanging Christmas lights in trees. Bridget came by to get me at 3pm and we took the truck to the body shop so they could look at the truck and order parts. While there, the transmission shop called and said the van was ready. A transmission fuse plus labor, $93.33 total. What a relieve I thought. Bridget dropped me off and headed home, I went in and paid, hopped in the van and off I went... about 50 feet and that was it. I called Bridget and she headed back to get me. The mechanic hooked his computer to the van and drove it. It worked fine then finally it did it again, at first I thought I imagined the van stopped moving. The computer showed a problem with the torque converter. After he had replaced the fuse he did do a test drive and it worked fine for him and he apologized that he was unable to detect the other problem at that time. I told him not to worry about it and left the van again. The insurance adjuster will be he in the morning for the truck. Bridget will drop it off tomorrow and pick up a rental car. See you in chat.

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment