Friday, November 27, 2009

Shopping Day

Today is the day all retailers refer to as Black Friday. It has been a tradition in my family for years to get up early and fight the crowds and shop. Bob, Marcy, Annie and I left a little later this year…. around 7:15 A.M. Yes…. you read correctly….my dad (Bob) joins in on this madness. LOL He enjoys watching all the crazy people and the mid morning snack. By lunchtime Bob and Marcy were ready to return home and have a light lunch and rest so Annie and I dropped them off and headed over to the Renaissance Mall to look through Barnes and Noble and Oswego jewelry store. As we were walking to the book store we spotting John in his golf cart as he was making a trash run at the mall. He asked if we had eaten lunch and since we had not we made plans to meet him after leaving the jewelry store. We met at Biaggi’s, an Italian Restaurant. Annie and I had a bowl of eggplant tomato soup and John chose the half and half (half a roasted turkey avocado sandwich and lettuce wedge salad). After lunch John got off early and returned home for a long nap while Annie and I returned to pick up Marcy to finish her shopping.

I returned home after 4:00 p.m. and found John sitting in the recliner with his laptop reading blogs. We called Mike and Leslie to see if they wanted to go out to eat with us. We chose Cafe Azteca. This is the restaurant we took Joe and Sherri to when they visited a few months ago. It is a unique little Mexican restaurant with good food. Mike, Leslie and John all chose the Pitarillo (don’t know if I spelled that correctly) and I opted for the Azteca Taco special.

On the way back to Mike and Leslie’s we stopped to buy a carton of ice cream and a bag of ice. While in the store, Leslie and I spotted a rack of movie DVDs. I purchased one and when it rang up for $4.98 I just had to have another one. With our purchases in hand we returned to Mike and Leslie’s and settled in to watch Training Day. John had already seen it but said he would watch it again. The movie contained strong language and was fast paced with lots of twists and turns in the plot. Of course we had ice cream and a cookie before the night was over.

Remember to laugh everyday. Happy Trails. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment