Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lunch at Sweetie Pie’s

Up early today as it was a travel day.  We left Canton, TX a little after 9:00 a.m.  Our first destination for the day was Decatur, TX to eat lunch at a place called Sweetie Pie’s.  We had to drive around awhile to find place to park the rig. John had the chicken fried ribeye with fries and a salad and I chose the filet with green beans and yellow squash.  We enjoyed the meal very much.  Thanks Nicole for telling us about it.  This is definitely the place to eat if you are in the area.

003 The entrance to Sweetie Pie’s

002 (2) John waiting for me to take a picture at Sweetie Pie’s.

After leaving Sweetie Pie’s we  headed on to our next destination, Roaring Springs, TX.  We arrived here around 4:45 p.m.  This place is in the middle of nowhere.  No phone signal and no internet.  Not my favorite kind of place.   It does have 50 AMP though. Yeah!!! Thank goodness we are only here for a short while.  I know I sound whiny but I like having all my niceties of home.  The area has lots of trees and flat land.  I saw a rabbit across the street but it hopped off before I could get a picture.

004 Across the street from our site.

005 Our site.

Around 7:00 p.m. dark clouds and high winds came through the area.  008

007

009

013 

016

014

015

Today is John’s sister, Mary Lee’s birthday.  Happy Birthday Mary Lee.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment