Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Harold and Renee

Today is John's brother Harold and his niece Renee's birthday, Happy Birthday to the both of you, look forward to seeing them this week for Lester's high school graduation. Woke up to the sound of rain falling. Oh no! The good news is …..it went away by mid morning and stayed away. Yeah!! Shannon came over and joined us for breakfast and we enjoyed visiting with her. When she left Fred and I walked out with her as Fred needed a potty break. On my way back to the RV we passed a man walking his large pit bull. The dog lunged at us and he had a difficult time getting it back under control. It didn’t help matters that the guy had the dog on a very long leash and it was right at us before we knew it. Fred was trying to get away so hard his harness got twisted. I have never encountered dogs lunging at us in a park so this was a first. Needless to say, Fred was petrified. It doesn’t take much to scare Fred so this was not good. I finally made it back inside the RV and was trying to get Fred’s harness fixed when he lunged at me. This has happened in the past when he gets scared. He doesn’t really hurt anything because he doesn’t have any front teeth. I should have waited longer try and fix the harness I guess. It takes a little while for Fred to calm down. John finally got the harness fixed and Fred is now back to his old calm self.

This afternoon John and I drove over and picked up Shannon and then on to pick Lester and Savannah up from school. Since Lester is a senior today was his last day. Savannah has a couple or so more days left.

Tonight we enjoyed spaghetti, salad and garlic bread for diner then a round of 10 Penny. Believe it or not I actually won this round. LOL

DSCN3370

Not a very good picture but I just had to show off my low score of 80 points. I don’t win very often.

Lester his staying the night with us. We are really enjoying his company tonight. Sock Monkey tried to steal Lester’s cup of tea. Shame on old Sock Monkey. LOL

DSCN3366

Lester and Sock Monkey.

Laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Harold and Renee' had a great day...There is nothing like family...Hey..love your countdown to the first grandchild..Get your credit card ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame Fred for being petrified of that pit bull. I would've been petrified too! Glad neither of you were hurt.

    ReplyDelete