Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blackberry cobbler.

Woke up to cloudy skies this morning.  A little later on it thundered and began to rain but it cleared off and turned out to be a nice day with a high of 75.  

On one of my outings with Fred yesterday I met a little girl in the park who was staying for the weekend.  She walked with Fred and I for a little while and told me all about the people she knew in the park and where to find the blackberry bushes.  That got me to thinking about blackberry cobbler so this afternoon I went blackberry picking in the park.  There weren’t many berries but I did manage to get a whole cup.   With John’s mathematical help to reduce a regular cobbler recipe,  I was able to make a mini blackberry cobbler.   Math is not my strong point. LOL 

DSCN8836

DSCN8837

By the time I finished baking the cobbler it was time to start dinner.  Tonight we had lemon baked tilapia with parmesan white sauce, green beans and homemade rice pilaf.

DSCN8835

Poor Fred was sniffing the air and wanting a taste.

DSCN8827

Fred watching John eat.

Tomorrow will be a travel day for us.  Our destination Wapakoneta, OH.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Sure would have liked to had some of that...I know how Fred feels!

    ReplyDelete