Thursday, September 11, 2008

No Cabinet Work

Plans were to clean on the kitchen cabinets to get them ready for paint, that didn't happen. When I got home from the FD, I had a fax from the business I am trying to get set up as an Amsoil retail outlet. As I was doing that Matt (Fire Chief of Flora) and asked what I was doing for lunch. He is a sergeant on my shift and is building a house outside of Flora. I ended up driving to Flora for lunch with Matt, Marc (Another Ridgeland FF), and 3 other Flora volunteers. I had the lunch special of country fried steak, rice and gravy, corn, field peas, cornbread and tea. Everyone else has chicken or hamburgers with Cajun fries and tea. After lunch and visiting we drove out to Matt's house. Beautiful house on a hill facing a pond, huge oak trees on the west side. Got back home and replaced the ice maker line that broke back in June while we were at Branson at the RV Dreams rally. Bridget has been on my about having ice, so that's done. Then I took a short nap. Robert and Terry have birthdays coming up, Robert's the 14th and Terry's is the 12th. Party will be on 12th at Annie and Terry's. We will go shopping this evening at the mall and visit Maggie Moo's for ice cream after shopping. I did not make it to chat last night. The FD Internet just wasn't cooperating, I guess they will eventually get it working correctly. Hope to make it to chat tonight.

To end my 9/11 post

A Fireman's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God,

Whenever flames may rage;

Give me strength to save some life,

Whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child

Before it is too late

Or save an older person

From the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert

And hear the weakest shout,

And quickly and efficiently

To put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling

And to give the best in me

To guard my every neighbor

And protect his property.

And if, according to my fate,

I am to lose my life,

Please bless with your protecting

My children and my wife.

- Author Unknown



Never Forget



Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment