Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dinner at Penn’s

John at the FD today working a 24 hour shift for another firefighter.  He will be working his shift tomorrow. :(

I had a dentist appointment this morning to have a cavity filled.  That is not my favorite thing to do but it is necessary.  After the dentist appointment I returned home to workout on the Wii.

Tonight I drove over to my sister Annie’s and picked her up to go shopping and for dinner.  We had no idea where we wanted to go eat because we were tired of all the usual places.  At last we ended up at Penn’s Restaurant.  They are famous for their chicken on a stick, fried catfish and fried pickles but also have a wonderful lunch and dinner buffet.  Tonight the buffet consisted of candied yams, southern green beans, turnip greens, vegetable sticks, baked fish, fried catfish, fried pickles, hushpuppies and peach cobbler.  It was yummy. :)   Once we had eaten our fill it was on to Hobby Lobby, Kohl’s, JC Penny and Wal-Mart.  I made it back home around 10:30 p.m. and Fred was very glad to see me.

Remember to laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry John had to work a double shift... I know my daughter hates it when her husband does too. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your sister though.
    Have fun & travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like retirement is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John & Bridgett,Thank you so much for following our blog, We are in the same position you just went through with selling the house and getting rid of all the non-essential things in life, I know how John feels with looking at retirement from the FD. I retired after 30 years on the PD and it is tough to give up something you love for that period of time. Hopefully we will meet down the road some time and from the old Sarge, "Just e careful ot there".Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete