Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trip to Gatlinburg.

Up around nine today.  Wow, an hour earlier than yesterday. LOL  It is a little warmer today.  Yeah!!!  I took Fred on his morning outing and he was so happy to see the red ball again.

004

Fred playing with the red ball again…..

005

and again.

006

It looks like he is thinking……”go ahead and try to take my red ball.  I dare you.” LOL

Later this afternoon John and I drove into Gatlinburg for some sightseeing.  We were hoping the Christmas lights were still up because in the past they were so spectacular.  We notice there were lights up but not near the scale as in the past.  We were a little disappointed.  It has been more than 10 years since were here so there were a bunch of changes   Gatlinburg has become almost as commercial as Branson, MO. 

007

010

John saw the tram coming into the station and was able to snap this picture.

Before heading back to the campground we decided to find a place to eat.  We saw an interesting placed called the  Bullfish Grill and pulled in there.  John had the grilled pork chop, salad and sweet potatoes, and I had the grilled shrimp with pineapple salsa, salad and steamed carrots.   It was so good.

013

This was across the street from the restaurant.  I thought the lights were cool looking so I snapped a picture of it.  I like the blue tree.

Tomorrow we will be taking the Freightliner to get the new truck bed installed. Yeah!!

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. It's been at least 25 years since we hit Gatlinburg...I can imagine how diffent it is now...I do love that area though...I love the whole darn state!!! Stay warm...we aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxious to see the truck with the new bed. Bet it will be cool!

    ReplyDelete