Saturday, March 12, 2011

Steamboat Arabia

Fred decided it was time to get up at 7:50 this morning so I started my day earlier than usual.  John slept in a little later.  Our plan today …… to tour the Steamboat Arabia in Kansas City, Missouri. The Steamboat Arabia is the steamboat that hit a snag and sunk in 1856.   Our friends Joe and Sherri have toured it and found it very interesting.  We drove over to tour it after lunch.  All I can say is WOW!    It is amazing how many items were found intact when the treasure was found. There are items still being restored today.  If you are in the area this museum is a must see. 

DSCN2639

The anchor from the Steamboat Arabia.

 

DSCN2641

Paddle Wheels.

Tonight John and I went over to visit with cousin Tricia and Emily and, of course, to get in a round of 10 Penny.  I think I won the game.  We were laughing and joking around so much I forgot to look at the final scores. 

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. I.M. confused. Did ya have to wear yer ownself's swim suit when you was a tourin' that sunken boat or did ya get one with the price of ommission? Also, if them rivers is possed to be so muddy, why were the water so clear? if you is a swimming round in a bunch of chemicals to clearfy it when you is tourin' that boat, I think me and Nilda will skip it.

    Me and Nilda's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never been there but will put it on our places to go... Very interesting! Loved your pictures...
    Have fun & travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOTS of great riverboat history in that area....Thanks for the heads up about that place...We need to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete