Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dinner with cousin Patricia and family.

Today is moving day for us. Our destination today is Sun Catcher Lake RV Park near Leavenworth, Kansas.

Early this morning as I was walking with Fred in the park a large fish jumped up out the water. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. I went back to get the camera hoping I could get a picture of some of the birds that were in the park.

009This is the only bird I got a picture of. He just stood on the small log in the water. I guess he was waiting for the right fish to come by.

We reached our destination a little before 5:00 and got everything set up. Sun Catcher Lake RV Park is a public park. It is small but it has 50 AMP. Yeah!!!! You know I like my 50 AMP parks. LOL

013 Our site.

014 The view from behind our site.

015 The owner’s house from across the lake.

After getting settled in I called my cousin Patricia to let her know we had made it into town. We made plans to drive over for a visit. On the way John snapped a picture of the United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth.

018

After visiting with my cousin and her children for a while we all loaded up and road over to a local Chinese Buffet for dinner. The food was delicious. Thanks Patricia for treating us to dinner.

We returned to her house and brought Flat Clayton along for a group picture.

019 William, Emily, Flat Clayton and Patricia.

Soon it was bedtime for William and Emily. John, Patricia and I visited for a long while. Before we knew it it was almost midnight so we called it a night and headed back to the campground. I am sure we will find something to get into tomorrow.

Laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had safe travel day. It's one thing to visit friends but it's really special when you visit family on the road. Enjoy your stay in Leavenworth.

    Rollie & Gina

    ReplyDelete