Thursday, March 15, 2012

Corned beef and cabbage.

Having great weather today.  Short sleeves and flip-flops. Yeah!!   The trees and flowers are starting to bloom and they look so pretty.

DSCN7139

These flowers are next to our site.

John went over to the group camp area to haul off the supplies that weren’t needed.  He was going to help Ranger Ken with the controlled burn but it was rescheduled.

While he was gone I chopped my 10  red peppers I bought yesterday.  I ended up with four quart sized zip lock bags to freeze.   Next, I moved on to making homemade spaghetti meat sauce (1 gallon), then grilled burgers for lunch.  After lunch I baked mini apple cakes.  Ok, I was officially tired of cooking for the day. LOL

Tonight John and I went to visit with cousin Tricia and her family.  She cooked corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  It was very tasty.  Thanks for dinner Tricia.  We enjoyed it and the visit very much.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. I need to see where you two are on Google Earth! I can't place you yet but I will as soon as I can get out to the other computer. Sounds like you are having a good time.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing crockpot corned beef, cabbage, carrots and red taters tonight...lazy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby...she is really growing! Nice weather you are having! Be Safe! Loretta

    ReplyDelete