Monday, March 16, 2015

Hotrods

Before we knew it the last day of Escapades was upon us.  It dawned on me that I had not taken any pictures of the RVs we parked so I drove around to get a few.   This has been the largest group of RVs we have had to get parked (Over 800).  The camping areas were spread out all over the fairgrounds.  It was a challenge but everyone got parked.  This time I didn't run over anyone's toes, hit a post or sink a golf cart in the mud.










Roger and Barb's site.
Our site.

Friday morning John and I went over to the hitch up and go breakfast for a last goodbye to friends leaving for their next destinations.   The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and other household chores that we had gotten behind on.

Saturday night our group, the Class of 07, went out for dinner and a tour at a place called Hotrods.  Hotrods is Tucson's only racing themed restaurant and bar.  There were at least 40 of us in the group so one half of us took the tour while the other half ordered drinks and appetizers.   Great food, service and a very interesting tour. 











This a large golf cart at the front of the restaurant.  We couldn't resist getting in for a picture.   The lighting isn't very good.  Also, I think my old camera is just about to bite the dust. 

After our dinner and tour at Hotrods, Barb M., Roger and John and I joined Barb W. and Bob for a game of 10 Penny at their place.   Tomorrow everyone will be going in different directions so this would be our last time together for a while. 

Look out I think Bob has a winning hand. LOL 
Roger
Barb M. laughing at something Roger did. 

Yesterday morning we were up early and ready to go before 8:30 a.m.  After saying our goodbyes we were on the road.  The trip was uneventful and we made it to Imperial National Wildlife Refuge just North of Yuma before 2:00 p.m.  We are visiting our friend Judy Bell.   I managed to take a few photos from the road. 




All set up for the night.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trail.  Stay safe. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun... I am sure Steveio would have loved that restaurant! Say "HI" to Judy for us!
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, my friends, for all of your help. You've made my last days here more enjoyable. Safe travels, and see you in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I glanced at the pic of Roger and thought Dennis had been visiting you without telling me...Even Dennis thinks he and Roger look alike...poor Roger..teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Hope you have a safe journey. Keep those photos coming...your camera is taking good pictures.

    ReplyDelete