Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wildflowers

Yesterday John was busy mowing and I rode with Judy to check trails for fallen trees again.  The skies were overcast and the weather a little cooler.  We didn't see a bear today.  Awe, darn. 

We did see lots of wildflowers .......

Love these Indian Paintbrush.



..and a dragonfly or two. 


We were off today and just chilled out at home.  Just before supper time John looked out the window noticed we had a visitor.

This little groundhog comes by almost everyday.

Later this afternoon I noticed Judy outside with her camera so I went to see what has out there.  A painted turtle was digging a hole to lay eggs right behind our car. 



While we were outside we saw another turtle at the end of the driveway.  Judy picked it up so I could get a picture of the bottom of it. 

They are very cool to look at.   Thanks Judy.



I wonder what that turtle was thinking. 

Tomorrow we are off again.  I guess we better catch up on our laundry.  Oh what fun. haha.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe. 

1 comment:

  1. I am a big woos with turtles..won't touch 'em. But those painted ones sure are pretty..Soooo..are you building a fence around the turtle "nursery" behind your car?

    ReplyDelete