Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Arlington National Cemetery










Slept in til 8:30 and had breakfast. We got ready and headed into Arlington National Cemetery which is where my father is buried. Arlington is a beautiful cemetery, the crew is constantly working on the grounds and they do a wonderful job. We walked over to The Tomb of the Unknowns as they started the changing of the guard. That is a sight to see. We were pressed for time as the lot we were in closed at 3p and it was 2:30 and we had to walk back. Left out heading back to the RV and I must say that the GPS is not handy in DC as many of the streets and intersections are next to each other so when it said turn right I always picked the wrong right. After 15 minutes of wrong turns we were on our way back. We stopped at a BBQ joint just out of DC, it was good but not as good as Buz and Ned's. Back at the campground we walked around then I took a short nap while Bridget read. Upon awakening we rode around the RV park taking pictures. I still can't upload pictures, I'm guessing it has something to do with the killa bits, megga bits or whatever bits it takes to upload pics I don't have enough of. Today is my father-in-law Bob's birthday and also my niece's birthday, Happy Birthday Bob and MB, love ya.









Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment