Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trip to Texas

Woke up to sunshine and 50 degrees. A very nice change from the colder temperatures from the last couple of days.

We made the Wal-Mart run to get our prescription refills today. I am happy to say that this time it went smoothly. I guess there are some Wal-Mart pharmacies that actually have good customer service.

After we left Wal-Mart we drove over to Texarkana, TX to pick up some books they were holding for me at Books-A-Million. While there John and I got a Pumpkin Pie Latte. That is as close to drinking coffee as I get.

On our way back to the campground we drove through a State Park that was close by. The sites looked well maintained as all of the ones we have looked at recently. John noticed a sign that said “Danger….Alligators”. “No Swimming or Wading”. We did not see any as we drove through. I would like to get a picture of one….from inside the truck. LOL

Later in the afternoon Fred and I went for a walk and I took a few pictures of the park. I tried to get some pictures with the pretty trees in it.

003 Our site.

002

The view from our site.

001Pavilion across the pond from the camping sites.

005 Rental cabins a the front of the park.

006View of the side of the park we are parked in.


John said he was going to try his luck on the golf course tomorrow. The temps are going into the upper 70's.

Laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. We have stayed almost everytime at Texarkana..an Army Corps place called Lake Wright Patman, Clear Springs campground..It is on the West edge of Texarkana...Nice place...

    ReplyDelete