Monday, June 9, 2014

Turtles and Swans.

SUNDAY:

John was busy mowing the area around the Visitor Center while I worked inside. We had 58 visitors today so that kept us busy.  While working today we were on the look out for the baby swans that hatched a day or so before.   Later on in the afternoon we were able to get a glimpse of them from quite a distance away. 


Here they are.  I zoomed in as far as I could and the picture blurred a little. Hopefully I will get another opportunity to get a photo of them. 

We had the usual visiting birds and squirrels.


A Hairy Woodpecker and a Redwinged Blackbird. 


This little red squirrel decided to hang out and eat all day.


Shortly before 5:00 p.m. we were visited by a painted turtle.   He was moving pretty fast but I was able to get a couple of pictures. 





MONDAY:  

John attended a staff meeting then a maintenance meeting at the Visitor Center then joined 2 other refuge employees at the first day of a four day chain saw course in Detroit Lakes, MN.  I worked at the Visitor Center all day.  It was a rather quiet day.   Not many visitors out today.   I didn't get any interesting photos.  Hopefully tomorrow while I am riding with Judy I will get a few. 

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.  

2 comments:

  1. I am NOT a turtle fan, but those painted ones are sure pretty from the underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love wildlife refuges...the animals are so amazing!! Looking forward to following the growth of those swans!

    ReplyDelete