Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

John at the FD for a 24 hour shift today. :( He will be working at the mall for a little while tomorrow. We will be having the traditional New Year’s Day meal tomorrow of black-eyed peas, cabbage, roast and cornbread.

I received a call from a realtor this morning who has a client in town for the weekend searching for a house. She is trying to schedule showings and wanted to know if we would mind her showing ours this weekend. I told her anytime over the weekend would be fine. You never know when the right person will come along.

I baked some goodies to take to the fire station to snack on tonight while we play 10 Penny and ring in the new year. John, a few firefighters and I played 10 Penny until 11:30 p.m. John was about ready to go to bed so I headed on home.

Happy New Year to all our family and friends. We wish everyone health and prosperity in the new year.

Remember to laugh everyday. Happy Trails. Stay safe.

2,258 alarms for 2009.

Stay Safe

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the house showing, and all the best for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you had me at cornbread. ;) I think I will add that to my menu today.

    Rod and I wish you and John the best for this year. There are so many changes once your house sells. It won't be long now before you hit the road. Sending you good thoughts and prayers that the house sells in the next couple of months so you can start 2010 living your dream.

    Too bad John has to work today. :(

    ReplyDelete