Sunday, June 23, 2013

We have arrived in Gillette.

Our trip to Gillette was uneventful and we were all setup before 2:00 p.m.  Upon arrival we saw lots of fellow Escapee members cleaning up from the storm that passed through yesterday.  Some of them had damage on their awnings, sky lights and air conditioning covers due to the hail.
We were pleasantly surprised this afternoon by a visit from Chuck and Kathy.  They are staying in an another campground and will be attending the Escapees Rally next week.  It was so good to see them again.  We look forward to seeing them next week also.
Later on John and I rode our bicycles over to the other campground to visit with Howard and Linda.  They have just finished up with the Family Motor Coach Rally and will be leaving tomorrow.  When we arrived at their RV John noticed the placard in the window indicated a departure date of  6/24/14.  He thought it was funny and asked Linda if she was going to stay for a year.  She looked at it and laughed.  She is so ready to get down the road for new scenery.  
I can’t believe I forgot my camera. I don’t have pictures of Chuck and Kathy or Howard and Linda.  We were so busy visiting and catching up on our travel stories that I totally forgot to get pictures.
Tonight Bob and Molly and the gang invited us to dinner at their place.  We had hot dogs, brats, burgers with all the fixings, beans, pasta salad, deviled eggs and for dessert homemade ice cream with rhubarb pie.  Everything was delicious.  A huge thank you for dinner goes out to them.  This time I brought my camera.
100_1546
Bob fixing his plate.
100_1548
Dennis and Bob.
100_1549
Joe, Dortha, Wanda, Wallace, Carol and Molly.
100_1550
Carol, Molly, Jan and Bob.
As everyone started to turn in for the night a fire truck came riding through and stopped for a minute.  John and Mark went out to talk to them.
100_1552
100_1553
John and Mark standing on the fire truck talking to the guys. I am sure they felt right at home on that truck.  I couldn’t resist taking a picture of that.
Laugh everyday.  Happy Trails.  Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. The fun is just beginning. I so wish I was there with you all.. Keep us informed of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop and say hi to Eddie and Mary Cathryn at the Retama Village / Bentsen Palm Village booth. They are at Gillette. I'll be going to Hershey... ;-)

    ReplyDelete