Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dad still in hospital but improving.

Dad is still in the hospital.  He is doing some better today.  The test results have not revealed anything.  The doctors are still unsure as to what caused his illness.  They still have him on strong antibiotic drips and drips to hydrate him.  His appetite is still not good and the nausea still comes and goes. The doctor has ordered physical therapy since he has not be able to get up and walk for a while.  This is unusual for him in that he usually walks two to three miles a day.  We are hopeful that the doctors will have answers soon. Thank you all for your prayers they are greatly appreciated.  

John and I spent the day in the road going to and from appointments and the hospital.  We did get out and have dinner in Jackson at Fenian’s Pub.  Fenian’s is a unique place with good food and entertainment.  It has been a long time since we have eaten here.  We both enjoyed the Old Fashioned Shepherd’s Pie.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure they have, but I had to ask...have they checked his blood for anemia? On the last picture you posted of him, I noticed his color was off. I hope you don't mind my suggestion. It's been on my mind, so I thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your father in our prayers. Keep us posted on the answers that I know you'll receive soon.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with Nellie..Dennis is slightly anemic and his cardiologist suggested an iron pill every day...It sure couldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete