Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wal-mart, Farmer’s Market & Dairy Palace.

We did not leave the campground until after lunch today. Our outings today consisted of a Wal-mart run and a trip to the local farmer’s market.  I bought some green beans, squash, tomatoes, sweet onions, cantaloupe, sweet corn and candied jalapenos.  You know some of that stuff would be on a plate for dinner. LOL

I cooked the green beans, squash, and corn for dinner.  We had that with sliced tomatoes and left over cornbread.  It don’t get any better than that.  Well, I guess if we had some Southern fried chicken it would have been better. LOL

Later tonight I was in the mood for something sweet.  There is a Dairy Palace right down the street from the campground.  You know I didn’t have to twist John’s arm too hard.  They are famous for their hamburgers and have been in business since 1984. They also have Blue Bell Ice Cream which is what we came for. I got a scoop of banana nut ice cream in a waffle cone and John got the ultimate banana split.

002

I tried to take a picture of the sign from the parking lot.  It was dark so it didn’t come out too well.

003

I caught John in between bites. 

004

Close up shot of his banana split. Wow that’s big.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

9 comments:

  1. John, I see in your picture you have on a FD tee shirt and in the "About Us" that you're a retired FireFighter. I'm also a retired FireFighter from Ft.Worth, Texas. 30 years service. Just wanted to say HI. Also been reading your Texas posts. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, you can't beat that Blue Bell Ice Cream!!! I can attribute about 50 pounds to that fact. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green beans, squash, and corn, sliced tomatos and cornbread - it doesn't get any better than that, even with fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the good part apart about retiring from the Fire Dept, you can wear your shirts forever, I have to be carefull where I wear my old police golf shirts and ball caps, but as a 30 year retiree, Homeland Securty let's me carry a gun if I want, I don't but it's in the trailer if a bear ever shows up.Of course I still have me Fire & rescue ball cap from my days as the Chief of Lake Sherwood when I was an honmorary fireman and took care of their old 58 Mack pumper, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John looks like he's in heaven, eating that banana split!

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for becoming Followers of our blog. Can't wait to get back down south this winter and closer to the Blue Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe this is becoming a reunion for retired emergency personnel workers ...We can throw Dennis into the mix..25 years Sandwich FD..and yes, those shirts seem to last forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is ssooooo wrong John Hatch! I will get even for that dessert!!!!! For the love of Heaven! Looks like where you are!! Nee Nee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still don't think that banana split is very fair..... Nee Nee

    ReplyDelete