Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fredericksburg

Up early this morning and over to Uncle Michael and Aunt Sylvia’s.  We had plans to go to Fredericksburg and to tour some of the areas to see if there were any bluebonnets in bloom.  Our first stop was breakfast at Sweetie’s, a local bakery that serves breakfast items as well as donuts.  It was yummy.

After leaving Sweetie’s we stopped of at Wal-mart to pick up our prescriptions that were supposed to be filled yesterday.  They filled both of John’s and one of mine.  For some unknown reason they did not fill my prescription that  had 60 tablets left on it.  I was not surprised.  It never fails.  They just can’t get it right.  When I asked why it wasn’t filled they didn’t have an answer.  The lady told me I would have to pick it up later today because they had one pharmacist on duty and that she would call when it was ready.  I wasn’t going to hold my breath on that one. LOL

Our next stop was Fredericksburg.  It was lunch time when we arrived.  Uncle Michael and Aunt Sylvia suggested a place called Wheelers Restaurant.  They have eaten there before and knew it would be good.  We all ordered the chicken and dumplings that comes with a side of cornbread.  For dessert we had bread pudding.   It was so good.   Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it. 

After our delicious lunch we were off to check out a few stores.  When we were finished looking in the stores Uncle Michael took us through some areas where we might possibly see some bluebonnets. Unfortunately, there weren’t many in bloom yet.  We did see a few.

126_0325

Here are some of the bluebonnets we saw.

It was late by the time we returned from Fredericksburg so John and I went back to the campground.  While I fed Fred and walked him John went to Wal-mart to pick up my prescription that was supposed to be ready.  They never called so I called them and they said it was ready so off he went. 

We enjoyed our day very much.  Thank you Uncle Michael and Aunt Sylvia for being our tour guides.

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. We love it there and have spent many vacations in that area. Have fun and keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it down there in the Hill Country...Another good place to see is the LBJ Ranch...loved it!!

    ReplyDelete