Friday, April 30, 2010

Last shift at FD

Today is John’s last shift at the FD. I know it will be bittersweet for him. The guys took him to lunch at Little Tokyo Japanese Restaurant. I think they stuffed themselves. LOL

After lunch I took Marcy shopping and spent the afternoon with her and Bob. I met up with Annie around dinner time and we went to Red Lobster. She ordered steak and I decided on the maple honey glazed chicken. The portions were so large I took my leftovers to John at the FD. We arrived just in time because he was just getting ready to scrounge for something for dinner. I usually cook and bring something for him to eat but now …….”meals on wheels” has retired also. LOL

Annie and I stayed to play a round of 10 Penny with the guys….for one last time. :( Before we started the 10 Penny game Dawg presented John with a wooden box with a laser engraved fire department symbol and a personalized message. Inside the box contained a game of 10 penny. How fitting is that. :) It will be used a lot. Thanks Dawg. John also received a unique coffee mug from firefighter James Hemphill. Thanks James. I know every time he drinks from it he will think of you.

Later Annie and I drove over to the campground and I got inside of the camper ready to ride and pulled in the slides. Bad weather was expected in the area and Fred and I went to spend the night at Annie and Terry’s. Of course Annie and I stayed up much to late laughing and working on a Mother’s Day project.

Remember to laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment