Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad and MB

Today is my dad, Bob Hill’s, birthday and also John’s niece Mary (MB) Reel’s birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy and MB. Hope you both have great birthdays today.

Up early today as I have a doctor appointment in Greenville. A few years ago I was diagnosed with an enchondroma (bone lesion) of the humerus and was sent to an Orthopedic Oncologist in Jackson MS to check it out. The doctor checked it for two years every six months then I was released for a year then two years. Before John and I left on the road I received a letter from my doctor informing me that he was moving to Greenville, SC. When I called the Orthopedic office in MS I was told they had not replaced him and the closest doctor of his kind would be in Arkansas. Luckily, since we are traveling fulltime now I was able to have my records forwarded to my doctor who is now in Greenville, SC and get an appointment for my two year recheck. This is an advantage of RVing I had not thought about. Anyway……my recheck went well and he has released me for two more years. I was very relieved.

During the afternoon John was on the phone and online doing some research on the truck’s navigation/radio problem. It seems there are others who have experienced the same problem and that once the screen goes black the system is pretty much trash. The options are to replace the unit or pay a bunch of bucks too repair it. Those options don’t sound good to me. Below is a picture of John after trying to get an intelligent person on the phone to answer questions. Note: He does not look happy.

001

The park is still having voltage problems and most of the people that were parked in our the area of the park have left. There are two others down the hill from us and two at the top of the hill. Below are a few pictures John took of the park as it appeared today. In the late afternoon and just before dark the area started to fill up again.

002

003

004


View out the back window

005


We will be leaving tomorrow and headed for Acworth, GA just NW of Atlanta to a COE park.

Remember to laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

1 comment: