Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lunch with John.

John at the FD for a 24 hour shift today. :(  The cold temperatures are stilling hanging around and some surrounding areas are having boil water notices because of busted pipes.  Luckily the water supply for Madison has not been affected by this.

I met  John at Pan Asia for lunch today.  We received a coupon in the mail for $20.00 off  and decided today was a good day to use it.  John and I both ordered the Pineapple Tai Fried Rice, he added chicken to his and I added shrimp to mine.  The food was seasoned well and very filling.

After lunch I went shopping to pick up a few last minute items before leaving for our camping trip tomorrow. Yeah!!!!  We are going to Alabama for eight days……JUST CAN’T WAIT TO GET BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!!

By the time I returned home it was time to fix dinner.  I like to try new things when cooking and one day I came up with what I call Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  So the menu tonight was Chicken Enchilada Casserole with a side of green beans.  Since John and I are trying to eat healthier these days I used some ingredients with lower fat ……surprisingly enough it still tasted good.  After dinner I stayed and played a round of 10 penny with John and a few of the guys then it was back home to watch American Idol and finish getting things together for the trip.

Remember to laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment