Friday, July 16, 2010

Blueberry pancakes and 10 Penny

Got up this morning and headed over to Shannon’s for breakfast. John made blueberry pancakes I while cooked bacon. Yum Yum!

After breakfast I started cooking some green beans I purchased from a local farmer’s market to go with the pulled pork we would have for dinner. Shannon loves green beans and I promised I would cook her a large pot of them.

We brought Fred with us again today. This time Shannon’s cats were all in the same room. We weren’t sure how they would get along but everything was fine. I don’t think Fred had ever been around a cat before. I was surprised …….he did not even bark.

002

Two of the larger cats. It’s a good thing they like each other since they decided to get into the same basket. LOL

003

Fred was so comfortable he made himself at home on the top of the couch and settled in for a nap.

Shannon, Lester, Savannah, Harold, Sandie, John and I all gathered around for …….more 10 Penny. Today was not my day with cards LOL Before long it was lunchtime so Shannon reheated the leftover lasagna and garlic bread. It was just as good the second time around. After lunch we went right back to playing 10 Penny. I was determined to improve my score. LOL I think Harold and I both were at the bottom of the scoreboard for a while. Even though we were on the losing end we still laughed about it.

Dinnertime arrived and we had pulled pork sandwiches and green beans. We played one last round of 10 Penny before Harold and Sandie left for the night. They will be traveling back home to Jacksonville, Florida tomorrow. I know Shannon, Lester and Savannah have enjoyed their visit and will miss them. This week has flown by.

009

Shannon with her dad Harold.

Laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I think you guys need a ten penny intervention ;) hehe!

    Hey! That sure was nice of John to make blueberry pancakes!! Sounds delicious!


    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete