Friday, October 15, 2010

The Sassy Spoon, Chili and Duke Mason

Today Mike, Leslie, John and I ventured into Carthage in search of a place to eat lunch. We stopped in at a place on the town square called the Sassy Spoon. Leslie and Mike ordered the half chicken salad sandwich with a side of jelled cranberry salad. I chose the half mesquite chicken sandwich with a side of jelled cranberry salad. John ordered the salad plate which consisted of chicken salad, tuna salad, green leaf salad and jelled cranberry salad. Everything was delicious. This place even has homemade desserts. We all enjoyed the bread pudding. I gave my dessert to John but he shared a bite or two. LOL

005

Mike, Leslie and I in front of the Sassy Spoon. I had cut my finger on something and Leslie was getting me a band aid. Don’t we all look mad. LOL

004

This is the building on the square across the street from the Sassy Spoon. I think it is the county courthouse building. I thought it was a cool looking building so I wanted a picture.

Of course while we were in town we had to make a Wal-mart run. But before the Wal-mart run Mike drove us around to look for maple trees with changing leaves. We actually found a few and got a picture or two.

006

007

010

The next two houses were just cool looking to Leslie and I so we wanted pictures of them.

008

011

Tonight was chili night at the Mobile Suites rally. There was chili with all the fixings and several desserts. We met a couple, Jim and Lynnea, who have been RVing fulltime for 13 months. We shared information about repairs they had had done to their 09 Mobile Suites and repairs that we are taking ours back to the factory to have made. After dinner Duke Mason arrived for the entertainment. He is a 46 inch tall front man for a local band of international acclaim. He sings everything from Elvis songs to country and gospel and is very entertaining.

012

013

014

After the entertainment John and I went over to Billy and Carole’s Mobile Suites to get a picture of modifications made for the electronics cabinet by the factory. We are having some of the same issues and John wanted to get pictures so that we could get ours fixed also.

Jim and Lynnea, who have a 09 Mobile Suites came by for a tour of our 11 Mobile Suites. We learned from them that the stretched seams on our sofa were just like the ones they had on theirs. I think the sofa will be another item added to our list of things for the factory to look at.

Laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to see a picture of some of the foods you had at the Sassy Spoon. It all sounded very good. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's always SOMETHING when you pull your house behind you...make a list of things to be checked..I make lists for everything cause I can't remember ANYTHING!!!! be Safe!

    ReplyDelete