Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Ham

John at FD today for a 24 hour shift. I went to Wal-mart at 7:40 a.m. to get a few items I needed for Thanksgiving Dinner. This is the best time to go to Wal-mart because it seems the rest of the world has not gotten up yet and you can get in and out of the store in no time at all. LOL By noon I had the dressing and broccoli and rice casserole done. Around 12:15 Marcy and Bob arrived with the 10 pound bone-in ham. I started baking it at 12:30 and it was not done until 6:30. So I guess you can say the ham hammed the day. LOL

As soon as I finished cleaning up the kitchen I drove over to Mike and Leslie’s. We went to Party City and picked up two table cloths and table decorations then on to Kohl’s we went. After browsing around for a little while we all agreed we didn’t find anything we just couldn’t live without so we headed back to Mike and Leslie’s. I visited with them while Leslie prepared her pecan pies for tomorrow then drove back home.

Remember to laugh everyday. Happy trails. Stay safe.

1 comment: