Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Houston…..we have a problem!

John did plan to go to Houston today.  He got up at 4:00 a.m., showered and was out the door.  The agenda was to stop at the Flying J and weight the trailer and fuel up and be on the road by 5:30.  Well… he made 2 right turns and 1 left turn when the truck stopped dead in it’s tracks. He thought the air brakes locked up.  At 4:15 a.m. the campground was very dark.  The truck just so happened to stop where it was blocking the campground loop.  That wasn’t good. He made a quick call to Coachnet and they dispatched a huge wrecker that arrived at daylight.  The plan was to disconnect the trailer, tow the truck in and put the trailer on one of the empty sites.  He unhooked the trailer and the truck pulled out without any problems, hhmm??  Turns out he forgot to hook the brake away line up to the truck so it was hanging down and caught on the frame of the truck.  When he reached the turn it pulled out which caused the trailer brakes to lock up like they are suppose to.  Needless to say, by this time, he would have been pushing it to make the 4:00 p.m. appointment.     So we plan to leave at 6:00 a.m. in the morning Houston bound.  One more time.  Poor thing he will have to endure my singing.  I do love the radio. LOL    He weighed the trailer and fueled up today so that will save time.  

As soon as the office opened John walked over to rent the space for one more night.  Since it will not be hooked up to anything they did not charge us for an additional night.  That was very nice of them.

The good news is everything inside the new trailer is in its place now!!!! Yeah!!!!  I was determined to get everything put up.  I just can’t stand clutter.  It had to goooooo!! LOL 

This afternoon John dropped me off at the chiropractor’s office.  I have overdone it and my back is telling me all about it.

I did manage to take a few pictures after everything was picked up and put away.  The chairs we ordered have not come in so I will post of picture of the living room area when we get them.  I really need my “short people” chair.

002 

003 

004 

005 

006

Sockey has taken up residence on the dresser for now.

007

Laugh everyday.  Happy trails.  Stay safe.

7 comments:

  1. I can imagine the dread John must have felt that early in the morning. Glad it wasn't anything more serious.

    That is a very beautiful rig you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer looks beautiful! I'm still working on getting everything put away. I'm afraid once I put it away I won't remember where I put it. This old age thing in a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there done that with the break away cable.Same thing.. early morning in the dark,took a while to figure it out.Not funny when it happens but I get a good laugh out of it now.(Racerguy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Goodness the truck had nothing wrong more than that!..It's easy to forget those trailer brakes hook up. I love the pics of your new rig..it is beautiful..Have a safe trip to TExas...Post pictures of your new chairs when they arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B E A U T I F U L !

    I love the smell of a new 5th wheel in the mornin. ;)

    Quite a rig y'all have between the monster truck and your new RV. You'll be rollin into Colorado in style. :)

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh guys, it's just beautiful! I'm sorry you had all this trouble but hopefully once its all done you'll be on the road with your new Mobile Suites. I love seeing Sockey in your pics! K

    ReplyDelete